If you have a mould problem, act quickly! Mould damages what it is growing on. The longer you leave it, the more damage occurs. The health hazards of mould contamination, along with the spores, mycotoxins and microbial volatile organic compounds (MVOCs) it produces in commercial and residential spaces, are well documented.
Although mould and other microorganisms are part of our natural environment, when they invade a contained environment like a commercial or residential building, their presence can contribute to so-called Sick Building Syndrome.
Moulds have the potential to cause health problems. Moulds can produce allergens, irritants, and sometimes potentially toxic substances (mycotoxins). Many common building materials can become ideal breeding grounds for fungal growth, including Aspergillus, Stachybotrys and Penicillium.
Once an outbreak of mould takes hold, it can cause untold damage to structures by penetrating deeply into walls and floors, creating health hazards for occupants.